Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patlee Patlee is offline

Default Sorting is Incomplete

I fear I didn't do a good job describing the problem adequately. The "last
20 rows" that didn't sort were not the last 20 rows in my worsheet. They are
the last 20 rows that appear after sorting and they are random (not in
sequence in the worksheet nor by birthdate). They are scattered throughout
the worksheet and all were entered in the same manner and all 102 were
selected when performing the sort. But I do thank you for all time you have
spent on this.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sounds like it based on the follow-ups from the OP.

But it could have been that the OP didn't include all the rows to sort, too. I
guessed that the problem would not have had the subject "incomplete".

I would have thought that even by the accident that the last 20 rows would have
sorted (as text) into a different sequence.

And sorting the first 82 rows as numbers and the last 20 as text isn't an
"incomplete" sort (in my book). It just sorts it in a manner that the OP
doesn't want.

Joel wrote:

Dave: I think his dates are text formated and that is why here is not getting
a good sort. He should change the dates to real dates and then the sort will
work.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You have responses at your other posts.

Patlee wrote:

Trying to sort 3 columns (last name-first name-birthday) by birthday. Excel
sorts correctly but only the first 82 rows. It leaves the last 20 rows
unsorted. How can I get it to sort the entire worksheet?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson