Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
4Nails 4Nails is offline

Default Cell Reference Problem with Network

That may work. Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You can protect you your references by putting them in a string:

=INDIRECT("SheetB!A1")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200724

"4Nails" wrote:

Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB.

SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1

But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the
network drive and file name like:

='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1

the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this
becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same
spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the
network.

How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but
always within the same spreadsheet?

The issue came about when the spreadsheet on one drive found an old copy on
the network and pulled bad data.

Thanks
4Nails