Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jan Karel Pieterse Jan Karel Pieterse is offline

Default Cell Reference Problem with Network

Hi 4Nails,

Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB.

SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1

But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the
network drive and file name like:

='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1

This is NOT normal behaviour of Excel. You should go into Edit, links then
click change source and point to THE FILE YOU HAVE OPEN. That should fix
this permanently. If not, I suspect your file may be corrupt.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com