Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default And another thing - time accrued calculation

If not a million times then its a great many. Format the subtraction cell as

[h]:mm

Mike

"Django Cat" wrote:

While I'm here...

I have never been able to get Excel to calculate time totals instead
of treating time values as times of day.

I'm currently keeping a time sheet; I enter the time I start and the
time I finish working in two columns, and then subtract start from end
in a third column to give the time for that session. This column is
then totalled to give the total time spent on the project so far.

However (and I bet this has come up in this group a million times
before & everyone know what's coming next) every time my total accrued
hours goes over 24 it reverts to 00:00 just like a clock would.

All cells are formated as hh:mm, and times are entered as, for
example, 16:28.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.
DC