IanRoy

Hi, Ted;
Before pasting, format the cells where these kind of statistics will end up
as text. Or if you are using Data Text to Columns, make sure, within the
wizard, to select "text" as the column format for the columns that contain
those statistics. For data that has aready been interpreted as dates, use the
single slash date format. On my machine this shows up at:
Format Cells Number Date: 3/14
or
Format Cells Number Custom: m/d;@
Hope this helps.
Ian.

"pertimesco" wrote:

eg. 1/1 would become Jan. 1. This comes up when I copy stats from a fantasy
baseball website into excel. How many stolen bases the player has, say he
was 1/2, would become a date.

Thanks in advance for your help, Ted.