Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] matthew.clegg@macquarie.com is offline

Default Round Up by a factor not by a digit [MROUNDUP(number,multiple)]

Hi
thanks for your answers, I've added some new comments....

On May 24, 6:03 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
1) =ROUND(A1/3)*3 [This rounds up and down and not only up as I require, plus it uses digits rather than factors]

as an example

2) Why would you bother? [So I can learn the coding technique and then adapt it to a more powerful and specific function]

3) a simple IF test

=IF(B1=1,MROUND(A8,3),MROUND(A8,4)) [This also rounds up and down, not soley up as I require]

--
HTH

Bob