Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Clay[_2_] Sue Clay[_2_] is offline

Default Is it possible to replace a series of characters by a page bre

That does the trick. Great.

Thanks so much!

"Toppers" wrote:

try:

Select column with "$$$$" and run this macro:

Sub SetPageBreak()

With ActiveSheet
For Each cell In Selection
If cell = "$$$$" Then
cell.Select
.HPageBreaks.Add Befo=ActiveCell
End If
Next cell
End With
End Sub

"Sue Clay" wrote:

Yes, I'm looking for an actual pagebreak. That answers my question. Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You have been given a couple of suggestions which give you a carriage return
within a cell................alt + 0010 or CTRL + j

Is this what you want or do you want an actual "pagebreak" as in
InsertPageBreak.

If the latter, I would suggest you need code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 May 2007 11:36:01 -0700, Sue Clay <Sue
wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a page
break. Is this possible?