Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John[_5_] John[_5_] is offline

Default Lookups

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a lookup to find similar
numbers from one Excel worksheet to another, and also similar values?

So I am not looking for a number that is exactly the same in the first
instance but might be similar e.g.

10571234 is the number on worksheet one

Below might be numbers from worksheet two that I would want it to
return a match for:

10571453
1571234
1057123
10571234
10571243

Would all be numbers where part or all of the number is similar or the
same as the number from worksheet one

And for values, is there a lookup you can do to return anything within
a certain percentage range of the value?

E.g. if you wanted anything returned with a 10% tolerance e.g. If
£1.00 is on worksheet one it would return anything within 10% of that
from worksheet two?

Cheers very much for any help.

John