Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Meader Meader is offline

Default I dont know where to begin :(

Hey eveyone,

I have a problem, I dont know where to begin and was looking for some
direction.
Here is what my company has asked me to do.

I need to create a method for printing off Pallet Control Sheets (PCS) which
go on our pallets of product, that is tamper-proof and easy to understand.

Here is an example of what a PCS looks like:

stock
code: xxxx-xxx-xx
Brand Name of Product
Organic SALTED Smooth
Peanut Butter Size
Date Code(s) _______ # of Cases: _________
_______ _________
Skid Number: 15
D.O.M:

Now what I would like is for the guys in the plant, who are very computer
illiterate, to be able to open up some sort of program/form/sheet thing which
would then ask them these questions:

Enter the stock code: ( which is 9 digits ) eg. XXXX-XXX-XX
How many skids are there? eg.15
Starting number? eg 3

When they enter the data I want it to generate a form that looks like the
Pallet Control Sheet.

Starting with the first question. When they type in the 9 digit stock code,
I would like it to bring up the 3 lines on the top of the Pallet Control
Sheet which is specific to each product we make. If possible can the 3 lines
printed off be different Fonts/font sizes?

Then I want it to print off the correct number Pallet control sheets due to
number of skids they enter and which number they are starting at. I want 2
copies for every skid number
eg. if its 15 skids of product with starting number 3 then it would print
off 30 PCS with sequencial numbering from 3 to 18. The first two sheets
would say skid 3, then the next two would say skid 4, etc....

Also, if possible, I would also like in the top right hand corner of the
Pallet Control Sheet to print off the stock code in small font.

This is the problem that has been given to me. I like how I always get
chosen for things that are just out of my ability levels, and hence my need
for help.

Does anyone have any idea how I would go about solving/creating this. What
do I need to use, Excel? Word? Access? a combination? I have basic knowledge
on all 3 programs.

If someone could just give me a general outline as to how they would
accomplish this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you very much for your time,

Andrew