Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dan Brimley Dan Brimley is offline

Default Access data on spreadsheet without accessing the file?...

Hi,

I have built a large, complicated spreadsheet with highly sensitive
information. It is only accessed by a few people. There are other people
who need some of the information on one tab of the worksheet, but they are
not allowed access to the file. I have been asked to come up with a way to
make this happen.

And I can't be accomplished by just allowing access to the one tab they
need. They can have NO access to open the file at all.

I thought of creating a separate worksheet that links to the info they need,
but the problem with that is that there is a lookup on the tab they need
access to, where they put in an ID number and it populates the other fields
on that worksheet from other worksheets in the file. So if they had a
linked worksheet, how would it pass the ID number to the original file to
populate the fields?

I hope this is making atleast some sense. I was just hoping someone out
there may have some ideas.

Thanks.