Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to display a value in say B2 in B3 IF a value in B1 is tr

You have "B2" in quotes so Excel will return that as a text string.

Re-write as =IF(B1=1,B2,"")

or as per the other example you received.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 May 2007 07:58:04 -0700, lespal
wrote:

Thanks JE,
I am afraid this formula does not do what I need.
Cell B1 contains 1
Cell B2 Contains 25
My idea was : =(IFB1=1,"B2","") if true display the contents of cell B2 in
cell b3 and if false leave cell B3 blank. The problem is that B2 is displayed
and not the contents of cell B2.
I hope this is clearer!

Thanks to all who replied,

Les Palmer

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Bob's formula does that, though it assumes that by True you mean TRUE< a
non-zero number, or blank. But your followup isn't any more clear.

Perhaps more explicitly:

B3: =IF(B1=TRUE,B2,"")

If you have other requirements, you might be more give more detail

In article ,
lespal wrote:

Thanks Bob,
My question was not clear. I need to copy the value contained in cell B2
into B3 if the value in B1 is true.

Les Palmer

"Bob Flanagan" wrote:

In B3 put the following formula:

=If(B1, B2, "")

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"lespal" wrote in message
I want to copy a value cell B2 into cell B3 IF a value in B1 is true.