Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
houghi houghi is offline

Default Change first character in a cell

Apparently it contains an error.

Toppers wrote:
In a "helper" column put:

="32"& RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

Copy down.

Copy & Paste Special=Values to remove" formula.

"houghi" wrote:

I have a list of +2000 phonenumbers and they are in the format of
012345678 but must become 3212345678, so the first 0 needs to become 32

I searched, but was unable to find a solution. Any idea?

houghi
--
Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe