Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Change first character in a cell

A macro perhaps:-

Sub changefirst()
Dim rcell As Range
Dim Myrange As Range
Dim maxval As Variant
Set Myrange = Range("A1:A100") '<Change to suit
newprefix = "32"
For Each rcell In Myrange
newvalue = newprefix & Mid(rcell.Value, 2, 99)
rcell.Value = newvalue
Next
End Sub

Mike

"houghi" wrote:

I have a list of +2000 phonenumbers and they are in the format of
012345678 but must become 3212345678, so the first 0 needs to become 32

I searched, but was unable to find a solution. Any idea?

houghi
--
Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe