Frank Kabel

Hi
if your Excel version does not recognise this date delimiter you'll
have to use a VBA solution.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Kiwi User" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Thanks for that.

That converts text that is already entered. But i want it so that

when the
user types 12.01.2004 it automatically converts it to 12/01/2004

Cheers

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
sounds like your date values are actually stored as 'Text'- you may

try
using 'Data - Text to columns' to convert them to real dates

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Kiwi User" <Kiwi schrieb im
Newsbeitrag

For exporting purposes to a database, I have to have the dates

formatted as
dd/mm/yyyy. Easy you say. Yes, I have formatted the column to

be a
date and
selected dd/mm/yyyy as the format. Great

Only, it changes the date in any written form EXCEPT where dots

are
used.
Is there a way I can format by validation or some such thing to

error
or
replace "." with "/" (i.e dots with slashes.)

Cheers