Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Corrupt .xltm

Eric

I would try taking all the periods out of the file name, I would be
surprised if XL would have an idea of the extension with them

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
"Eric" wrote in message
I have office 2007. Today I opened a templete made some changes and saved
it
with an updated name. Now every time I try to open the file I get the
message
"Excel cannot open the file 'Estimator 5.22.07.xltm' because the file
format
of file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been
corrupted
and that the file extension matches the format of the file." I can still
opent the older file 'Estimator 5.10.07.xltm' What gives? I only chaged
some
values, very basic changes. The only thing I can think of is that my
computer
ran Automatic update and did update 1 thing. Also, this is the second time
have made these changes and resaved with the same results.