Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Andy is offline

Default Drop down choice sends text to another cell

The combo box with the city is currently an active x control that is not near
the cell with the street address. I've only done vlookup when everything was
"connected"--the matching item and lookup value. These cells are currently
not next to each other. My two questions now a

Do I need to convert the active x control to a look up list (so it's
actually in a cell)? AND
Do I have to redesign my spreadsheet so the cells are next to each other?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You can use VBA for this, but there is little adantage. The VBA would need a
lookup table to get the street address anyway.

Just create a lookup table on the worksheet and use the VLOOKUP() function
to return the correct street address based upon the dropdown cell.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200723

"Andy" wrote:

I would like a drop down selection (City) to automatically input a
predetermined street address into another cell (different street based on the
city selected). I think it's a macro associated with the change event of the
drop down. I can do vba but I need a suggestion as to what the vba would do.
Thanks for any help.