Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Excel 2007 Speed Problem

Many people have reported performance issues with Excel 2007. No one has
posted an explanation or an answer so far, especially MS. As to the Word
file size that's news to me but this is an Excel NG. Have you tried the new
DOCX format? Users of Office 2003 would have to install the file converter
to read them but it might reduce file size.

--
Jim