Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JohnnyG JohnnyG is offline

Default Excel 2007 Speed Problem

I have upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 and am experiencing a
tremendous decrease in speed. The following speed comparisons were done on
the same machinewith the same file containing about 50 columnsx 5000 rows of
data and 7 charts of the data.

Time to select 4 charts:
Excel 2003: 4 seconds
Excel 2007: 57 seconds

Time to copy the 4 selected charts and paste them into Words 2007:
Excel 2003: 18 seconds
Excel 2007: 60 seconds

Finally, when saving the Word file in .doc format with the same graphs
pasted from the same excel file, here are the file sizes:
Graphs from Excel 2003: 187K
Graphs from Excel 2007: 235k

Is there any way to speed up Excel 2007? And why are the Word files larger?
This is a problem because we zip up a number of word files and send them via
email - the same files with graphs from Excel 2007 are now too large to send
in one email.

Thanks,
John