Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default IF Then

Rick,

I'm afraid your question is a bit lacking on clarity in that you don't say
what you want if neither cell contains champ or if both do. So as a guess try
this:-

=IF(AND(A1="Champ",Sheet2!A1="Champ"),C1&D1,IF(A1= "Champ",C1,IF(Sheet2!A1="Champ",D1,"You didn't say")))

Mike

"Rick Champ" wrote:

I'm trying to create a formula that would look in a column of another tab for
one of two last names and if it equaled a name then it would look in another
column for a dollar amount and add it to the cell. For example; If Tab 1
column A equals Champ then add column C and if Tab 2 column A equals Champ
then add column D. Thanks for your help in advance.
--
Respectfully,
Rick Champ