Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to FIX Recorded Macro

Jim

Your first macro posted works for me. The font changes take place and the
ISTEXT returns TRUE.

Your second macro does nothing but left-align the number in the cell.

Where are these declared?

TFontName
TFontSize

Your first again with the activecell.formulaR1C1 line un-remmed

Sub Macro1()
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "879"
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
.Name = "Verdana"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 8
.Strikethrough = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.OutlineFont = False
.Shadow = False
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
End Sub

Gord

On Tue, 22 May 2007 16:05:01 -0700, JMay wrote:

Gord - Thanks for the comment. Even though I run this Macro after selecting
the subject cell, it still doesn't "register" as Text (Using the =ISTEXT()
function) until I do an F2 and Enter (meaning update it).. How can I do this
within the Macro?

Tks,

Jim May

Sub NumToText()
' Macro recorded 5/22/2007 by Jim May
'
With ActiveCell
TFontName = .Font.Name
TFontSize = .Font.Size
End With
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
.Name = TFontName
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = TFontSize
End With
End Sub

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jim

Macros won't run while you are in Edit mode if I read correctly what you are
attempting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 May 2007 09:22:01 -0700, JMay wrote:

I want to create a macro that will convert a number to Text format
so that it can be read by another formula where the cell needs to be text.
Below is the result of turning on the recorder and doing as follows (with my
cell that needs fixing selected before):

Format, Cells, Text, OK
F2 pressed (To bring up in edit mode) + enter

But it doesn't seem to be working...
CAn someone assist?

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 5/22/2007 by Jim May
'

'
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"
' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "879"
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
.Name = "Verdana"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 8
.Strikethrough = False