Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot Table

For the pivot table to have sorting and filtering functionality, it
would need to have the pivot cache with records from the database. You
could add protection to the pivot table, to prevent some actions, but
users could crack the protection and double-click on a cell in the pivot
table, and see the underlying data.

Robert_DubYa wrote:
I have a pivot table linked to an access file for it's data. I would like to
send the pivot table out to other people, but they do not have permision to
see the data in the access data base. I would still like to have the
functionality of the pivot table, but not link it to the db (I would like to
be able to sort and filter). Any ideas?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures