Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Farhad Farhad is offline

Default Excel Formulas

Hi,

I examine this formula and it worked so now i guess it may your data is not
sorted so if my guess is correct i found another way try this:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100,A1)<4,"wrong","")

but at last you should sort your data.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Baffled in Excel" wrote:

Farhad,

First, you totally rock! Thanks for helping. I inserted this formulaa, but
I believe A1 is not pulling from the right cell. What is A1 looking for? I
inserted a new Row as you said and A1 is blank. I have the 'helper' cell as
column H, but it is still not working. Thanks a mil!

"Farhad" wrote:

Hi,

I think this works for you:

=IF(A2=A1,IF(OR(AND(F1+1=3,A2<A3),AND(F1+1=2,A2< A3)),"Wrong",F1+1),IF(AND(A2<A1,A2<A3),"wrong",1 ))

assumed your data started from A2 and the column F is empty (helper column)
so if your data starts from the first row insert a row above your data and
let it starts from the second row.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Baffled in Excel" wrote:

Absolutely, thanks much!

Example:
Tracking Number Description
3D4500123 Select Item
3D4500123 Box Item
3D4500123 Deliver Item

So with this I have a Description missing, which is "load item". I want
something to tell me that this step was missed...

Hope this helps

"JLatham" wrote:

Could you give us some examples of how these things look both when all steps
are completed, and when all are not. Maybe something like:

Completed Example
1 12345
2 12345-01
3 12345-02
4 12345-03

Incomplete Example
5 23456
6 23456-01
7
8

That kind of thing?

"Baffled in Excel" wrote:

I have tracking numbers that have four similiar beginnings. For each
tracking number there "should" be four steps attached to them. I want to
create a formula or macro that tells me which tracking number does not have
all four steps on it. Each row in Excel is the tracking number, then there
are subsequent rows for each step for that tracking number, with that
tracking number listed on all four rows. Maybe the formula says True or
False or a macro that could cull them out onto a separate spreadsheet?? Tks
for helping.