Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default ######### in text box

Joel

If the data is a number or date this would hold true, otherwise not.

OP states "two lines of text".

Jim's response is most likely the correct one.

Excel has a problem with cells that contain 255 but <1024 characters.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:42:01 -0700, Joel wrote:

try adjusting column width. You may have the column width too narrow.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Sounds as if you've given the cell Text number format. Change it to
General.

--
Jim