Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Baffled in Excel[_2_] Baffled in Excel[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Formulas

Thanks much Jim, that is a start. I'm looking something to recognize the
four required entries and tell me when one is missing. That formula is a
start though.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

If I had an entry in A1 and I wanted a formula to tell me if A2 through A5
did not have the same entry, I'd put this formula in a nearby cell like A2:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT((A1=A2:A5)*1)=4,"","Incomplete")

I doubt this is what you want but maybe it's a start.

--
Jim
"Baffled in Excel" <Baffled in wrote in
|I have tracking numbers that have four similiar beginnings. For each
| tracking number there "should" be four steps attached to them. I want to
| create a formula or macro that tells me which tracking number does not
have
| all four steps on it. Each row in Excel is the tracking number, then
there
| are subsequent rows for each step for that tracking number, with that
| tracking number listed on all four rows. Maybe the formula says True or
| False or a macro that could cull them out onto a separate spreadsheet??
Tks