Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Protecting Formulas in cells

Select all editable cells and then:-

Format|cells|protection and remove the locked checkmark.

It's a good idea to colour these cells or apply a border to allow users to
easily find them.

Now protect the sheet using
tools:protection protect sheet
and apply a password if you want. Note that the security provided by this is
pretty flimsy.

Mike

"Protecting Formulas from deletion" wrote:

I have a fairly basic spreadsheet that my on the road sales staff fill in
weekly. It has formulas to calculate Gross Profit. However they sometimes put
in incorrect information and then clear out those cells and as they do so the
formauls go.

Is there someway of not letting them edit the cells that contain the formulas?

Cheers
Mark