Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Compatibility Mode

I have saved the file as an Excel 2007 file. It now has the .xlsx extension
but still says that I am in Compatibility Mode. I do not understand why that
is still the case. What should I do to not have it in compatibility mode any
longer?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

The file format in Excel 2007 differs from that in the earlier versions. If
you open an existing XLS file made with Excel 2003 (or earlier) then Excel
2007 automatically switches to compatibility mode so enable it to open the
older format. A newly made Excel 2007 file will generally have the extension
XLSX. Such a file will open in native (non-compatibility) mode.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jerry" wrote in message
I recently installed Excel 2007 and notice that many of my files are
running
in Compatibility Mode. What does this mean and how do I stop it from
doing
that (if I even want to)?