Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Assigning values to drop-down list options

Your lists must be defined somewhere in the workbook - instead of a
single column of entries in each list, make it two columns where the
second column is the value that you want to allocate to that chosen
option. Then you can obtain the value by means of a simple VLOOKUP
formula (though you will have 5 of these if you have five pull-downs).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 22, 12:22 am, i*sam wrote:
I'm not even sure if Excel can do this...

I have a worksheet with 5 different drop-down lists on it (each with several
options to select from). I want to be able to assign each option a value so
that I can create a cell/formula that will average the values selected.

Can I do this in Excel? How????