Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Freshman Freshman is offline

Default Remove & extract name in one cell

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your assistance.

"Mike H" wrote:

A couple of stages required.

To seperate first and last name select the column and then Data|text to
coluns and follow the wizard. You will need to select a delimeter of /

This will leave the first name and MR/MS in a new column. In an adjacent
coulmn type the formula:-

=LEFT(B1,IF(ISERROR(FIND("MS",B1)),FIND("MR",B1),F IND("MS",B1))-1)

Where B1 is the first name +MR/MS and drag down.

Mike

"Freshman" wrote:

Dear experts,

I've a table of data which column A is for names. However, the name details
of each client (first, last and Mr...) imported from other source files are
in one word, such as:

Freshman/TimCruzMR
Peter/JonesMR
Lily/ElizaAkotMS

In the above examples, firstly, I want to remove the title "MR", "MS".
Secondly, I want to separate the names in one cell:

Freshman Tim Cruz
Peter Jones
Lily Eliza Akot

Please advise how can I achieve my desired results.

Thanks in advance.