Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] mike_ward99@hotmail.com is offline

Default Adding a number to a letter of the alphabet to get a letter

Hi all, I require a function/formula that adds a value to a refernce
to a cell that contains a letter of the alphabet so that the vaue
returned is another letter of the alphabet. E.g. If A1 contains "L" ,
B1 must return "P". This works OK if I do =char(code(A1)+4), but this
falls over when I go above 26/Z. I also require the answer "BC" in B1
if the letters contained in A1 are AZ...something along the lines of
=function("AZ")+3 returns "BC" where cell A1 contains "AZ"