Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Merging Colums

With your example I end up with

ColA ColB ColC ColD

1 xxxxxx
2 xxxxxx
3 xxxxxx

Gord

On Sat, 19 May 2007 16:07:00 -0700, Spatzz
wrote:

Gord,
i've tried your suggestion and the only problem i'm having is that for some
reason it is then copying the text i have in the adjoining colum in to the
resulting column!!

I'm ending up with the following

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4
1 xxxxx
2 xxxxx
3 xxxxx

after selecting and delecting blanks it is producing

Column1
xxxxx1
xxxxx2
xxxxx3

I'm definetly only choosing the first three columns to identify and then
delete the blanks.

Spatzz

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Try my earlier suggestion to move everything to the left.

Select column A:C

F5SpecialBlanksOK

EditDeleteShift cells left.

Gord

On Sat, 19 May 2007 14:58:01 -0700, Spatzz
wrote:

Thanks for all the posts. What i'm trying to achieve is to go from my orginal
position of :
Column1 Column2 Column3 etc

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column
1
2
3

and finally to

Column1 Column2 Column3 etc
1
2
3

Does that make sense. I've managed to get to stage 2.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You should always give before/after examples so we understand what you want.
IF? I understand what you want, this will copy the last column in any row to
column 1. Then just delete or clear all other columns.

Sub Makeonecolumn()
For i = 1 To 7 'change 7 to suit rows needed
Cells(i, 1) = Cells(i, "iv").End(xlToLeft)
Next i

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Spatzz" wrote in message
Hi i have a sheet with data in the following format

Column1 Column2 Column3 etc
I need to changed the Y's to different values. In column1 Y needs to equal
=
1 and in Y in column2 needs to equal 2 etc. Is it possible to change the
values other than having to change each Y indvidually? I have 700 rows!!!
I then need to merge the three rows so i have one column with the
converted
data.

I'm new to excel and and can not see away through.

Help