Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default hyperlinked drop-down entries

Kent

Try to stay in the thread you started earlier to maintain some continuity.

How are you creating the dropdown list of sheet links?

Through Data Validation?

You must be trying to stay away from VBA.

You could make this project much easier.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for creating a worksheet navigation Toolbar.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

I don't think you can create a dropdown list with hyperlinks unless you do
resort to VBA.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:44:01 -0700, Kent K
wrote:

My situation... I want to create a drop down list wherin the entries are
hyperlinked to their respective worksheets. ex: WS=worksheet

WS "Regional Directory" contains a cell where I want to create a drop-down
list.

"Deep South" specifically. I have created a list of all states that reside
in this region.

WS "Drop Down Lists". on this ws I hyperlinked the individual states to
their named worksheets. ie. "Alabama" hyperlinked to "WS Alabama". Named
this list "DeepSouth"

When I create the drop down on WS Regional Directory, using source
"=DeepSouth" It creates a non hyperlinked list which in text matches the
sourced list. However, the list entries within drop-down menu are not
hyperlinked. Which is what I need them to be.

Suggestions??