Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How can I add a semicolon at the end of a name in 400 rows at once

Assuming names are in column A

In B1 enter =A1 & ";"

Double-click on the fill handle of B1 to copy down.

When happy, copy column B and in place EditPaste SpecialValuesOKEsc

Delete original column A.

Curious.............why would you need a semi-colon at end of each name?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:21:00 -0700, mike wrote:

I have created a worksheet with 410 names and forgot to put a semicolon at
the end of each line. I need to place one there now and either have to do it
individually or ??? please any one out there that can help me, respond. I am
running microsoft exell 2003, on a PC.