Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default editing multiple charts excel 2007

(I think I read that Excel 2007 changes the behaviour of F4 so that
it only copies over one part of a formatting element (e.g. only
border colour or fill colour, not both at once). This would actually
be useful behaviour if it could be chosen, since I often want to
change all my borders to grey, say, but not make all the fill colours
of the bars I'm selecting be the same. As it is, the change will just
annoy those who liked the old way, and add inconsistency across
versions, without giving much benefit)

That's unfortunately true about Excel 2007, just one more way to force more
mouse clicking.

If you want this degree of customization, it's probably a one-off exercise,
so you might as well record a macro, remove all but the lines that make the
changes you need, run the macro on all charts, then delete the macro.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions