Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Merging Colums

Try my earlier suggestion to move everything to the left.

Select column A:C

F5SpecialBlanksOK

EditDeleteShift cells left.

Gord

On Sat, 19 May 2007 14:58:01 -0700, Spatzz
wrote:

Thanks for all the posts. What i'm trying to achieve is to go from my orginal
position of :
Column1 Column2 Column3 etc

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column
1
2
3

and finally to

Column1 Column2 Column3 etc
1
2
3

Does that make sense. I've managed to get to stage 2.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You should always give before/after examples so we understand what you want.
IF? I understand what you want, this will copy the last column in any row to
column 1. Then just delete or clear all other columns.

Sub Makeonecolumn()
For i = 1 To 7 'change 7 to suit rows needed
Cells(i, 1) = Cells(i, "iv").End(xlToLeft)
Next i

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Spatzz" wrote in message
Hi i have a sheet with data in the following format

Column1 Column2 Column3 etc
I need to changed the Y's to different values. In column1 Y needs to equal
=
1 and in Y in column2 needs to equal 2 etc. Is it possible to change the
values other than having to change each Y indvidually? I have 700 rows!!!
I then need to merge the three rows so i have one column with the
converted
data.

I'm new to excel and and can not see away through.

Help