Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Todays date

Interesting that you use DAYS360(). Could you tell us why?

You'll see that in that case you get a 2 day difference in answer between
=DAYS360(TODAY(),$A$91) and =$A$91-TODAY().
The latter is the formula which I would have used. To take an obvious case,
if you set A91 to a date a year from today, DAYS360 gives 360 days (which
what you'd expect as it works on 12 30-day months), whereas my simpler, but
hopefully more correct, formula gives 366, which seems correct for a span of
a year (allowing for the fact that next year is a leap year).

You need to think, of course, about whether the number of days should be
inclusive or exclusive of either or both of the end dates of the range.
--
David Biddulph

"excelent" wrote in message
=DAYS360(TODAY(),$A$91)+1-ROW(1:1)

Where A91 is August 15

"Kevin" skrev:

Column A has dates in it May 17 to August 15 in column J is how many days
until August 15th. In J3 I would like to have the number of days until
August
15th from today's date, tomorrow, tomorrows date and so on. Is there a
formula for Excel to do this automatically?