JE McGimpsey

Put the code in a regular code module (in the VBE, Insert/Module).

In article ,
(Richard Latter) wrote:

Hello All,

Function Celsius(dFahrenheit As Double) As Double
Celsius = (dFahrenheit - 32) * (5 / 9)
End Function

As a demo, I have been trying to get a simple VBA function to work
using Excel without success. I believe I've created it successfully
using the Visual Basic Script Editor. I have tried using it in a
worksheet, but whenever I try the formula in a cell, I keep getting
#NAME?.

EG. Cell A2 "=Celsius(3)"

No matter what I try to do, it will not accept this formula even
though I believe it's correct. From my investigation, it appears that
the worksheet for whatever reason cannot see this function I have
created, but I do no understand why.

Can anyone help?

In addition, I have installed the atpvbaen.xls and funcres.xla
add-ins. However, if I try to access these in the project manager, it
prompts me for a password (which I do not know). Is this normal?

Many thanks in advance,

Richard

BTW Subroutines do work under VBA.