Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel 2000: How to find a certain character in ANY Column?

Short course:

Open your workbook.
Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros/UDF's live)
hit ctrl-R to view the project explorer
Find your workbook.
should look like: VBAProject (yourfilename.xls)

right click on the project name
Insert, then Module
You should see the code window pop up on the right hand side

Paste the code in there.

=====
And since I don't know where you put the other code, you may want to delete it.

Mark246 wrote:

Thanks very much for the reply, Dave.

Security WAS set at High; I set it to Medium.

You asked: "And did you put findpattern in a general module--not
behind a worksheet and not behind ThisWorkbook?" I dunno' what that
means. Still,...

When I went to "Tools/Macro/Security", I saw the "Macro/
RecordNewMacro".
Maybe I didn't RECORD or SAVE the macro how it should have been saved.
I tried the RecordNewMacro thing, and re-typed the entire thing,
starting at a random cell... G8
IN the personal.xls file. Then saved it.
Then exited Excel.
Then restarted it.

It still doesn't work.

Any ideas, people? Thanks in advance.