Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Spatzz Spatzz is offline

Default Merging Colums

Dave,
thanks.That has helped in me recoding the Y's. Any ideas how i can merge the
data in the resulting three columns in to 1?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Select each column (one at a time)
edit|replace
what: y
with: 1 (or 2 or 3 ...)
replace all

=======
Or you could try this.
Select your range to change
edit|replace
what: y
with: =column()
replace all

If column1 is not A, you may have to use a formula like:
=column()-3
(if I was starting in column D)

Spatzz wrote:

Hi i have a sheet with data in the following format

Column1 Column2 Column3 etc
I need to changed the Y's to different values. In column1 Y needs to equal =
1 and in Y in column2 needs to equal 2 etc. Is it possible to change the
values other than having to change each Y indvidually? I have 700 rows!!!
I then need to merge the three rows so i have one column with the converted
data.

I'm new to excel and and can not see away through.

Help

--

Dave Peterson