Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Spatzz Spatzz is offline

Default Merging Colums

Ragdyer,
thanks for getting back. I do need to change the cell contents. I'm trying
to recode so i can them move the data in to SPSS. I've changed the Y's as
suggested by Dave using edit replace. Any ideas how i can merge the resulting
three columns in to one?

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Do you actually want to change the cell contents to numbers, or do you just
wish to total the values that each column represents?

RD

"Spatzz" wrote in message
Hi i have a sheet with data in the following format

Column1 Column2 Column3 etc
I need to changed the Y's to different values. In column1 Y needs to equal
=
1 and in Y in column2 needs to equal 2 etc. Is it possible to change the
values other than having to change each Y indvidually? I have 700 rows!!!
I then need to merge the three rows so i have one column with the
converted
data.

I'm new to excel and and can not see away through.

Help