Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Converting Hours to Decimal

Why are you even using SUM, B2-A2 is sufficient, so

=(B2-A2)*24

important that you change the format to general or number or else it will
display in a time format

don't know what you mean by a2-a1 since the end time is in B?

Peo Sjoblom

"Helen" wrote in message
Sorry; should have been more explicit.

Col A = 08:30
Col B = 15:00
Col C = SUM(a2-a1) = 6:30 = 6.5

In other words, I want to do a circular type calculation where I do the
SUM
calculation followed by the c1*24 calculation, with the answer ending up
in
Column C. Any chance of accomplishing that?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Just use

=C1*24

and format as general or number

Peo Sjoblom

"Mike H" wrote in message
Helen,

Try this where C1 is the hours worked, drag down as required:-

=(C1-INT(C1))*24

Mike

"Helen" wrote:

In a timesheet, I'd like to be able to do a calculation for the hours
worked,
then convert it to decimal.

Column A - Start Time
Column B - End Time