Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Farhad Farhad is offline

Default Protecting a single column

Hi,

Try this:

active all your sheet ( click on the box in the left of column headers and
top of the row numbers ) and the right click on your sheet choos format cells
and then go to protection tab and uncheck the luck checkbox click OK then
active the cells you want to protect and again right click on the active
cells and then format cells and then protection tab and check the luck
checkbox click OK then go to menu ToolsProtection Protect sheet and follow
the instruction and make your password.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Metallocene" wrote:

Is it possible, within an Excel spreadsheet that is not otherwise protected,
to hide and password-protect a single column of data? I want to have a
spreadsheet with data that is shared with co-workers, but within that
spreadsheet I want to have a column (or several columns) of data that only I
can view.

Thanks,