Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KP KP is offline

Default Forms - pick up info from one worksheet to another

Thanks Dave. I'll check it out.
--
KP

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If that last name is unique, maybe you could use =vlookup() or =index(match())
to return the other fields.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup() and =index(match()) he
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))

KP wrote:

Hi,

I am using Excl 2007. I'm not sure Excel can do what I need so I figured I
would come to the experts:

*Worksheet #1: Database of about 2000 names, addresses, etc.
*Worksheet #2: A form I created to pull in names from Worksheet #1

Example: The form has the same fields as the database. If I were to start
typing in the last name of someone in the database on the other worksheet, is
there anyway I can get all of that person's information to appear on the form?

I've also been practicing in Access but am more familiar with Excel.

Thanks.
--
KP

--