Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MRoach MRoach is offline

Default two-fold problem

I have excel 2003 and have not had any problems with it in the past. Lately,
though, when I open excel, all I get is a gray screen until I ViewFull
screen. Then I get the grids, but no tabs for the sheets. If I go to the
help tab on top and open the help file under tabs, it tells me to go to
ToolsOptions, and make sure the sheet tabs is checked. It is already
checked so I leave it alone, but oddly just by opening the help tab and
searching for 'sheet tabs', they will appear on my spreadsheet. If I close
the help box, the sheet tabs disappear too. I have begun to use excel with
the help tab open so I can navigate the sheets.... not the best situation. I
think I have two problems. Why do I get a gray screen when I first open the
program and then what's up with the tabs not visible?
--
M Roach