Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Help with Formulas Please

If you add a column in the middle of the range you are using, it will update.
If it's outside of the range, it won't. You *may* need to use a dynamic
range for this. I have several questions:

Does the left bound of the range always start at the same place.
Is there anything in the workbook to the right of the right bound?

Let us know.

Barb Reinhardt

"David" wrote:

I have never asked a question here before so I hope I phrase everything
correctly. I have created a teacher grade workbook.

I cant seem to get my formula in cell B3 to update when I ad a column to
include additional test score. B3 is my counter used when I average the sum
of the test scores. (see below) If I insert a column K the counter does not
update. Why? What formula should I be using?

=COUNT(C3:J3)

When I average a cell I use the following formula which does not update
either when I insert a column to add another test score. J3 should read K3
when I insert a column. What formula should I be using?

=SUM(C3:J3)/$B$3

Here is the formula I use when I want to see a letter grade for the
averages. When I insert a column the reference K3 should read L3 (this is the
column I have my averages of all the tests showing). How do I get the formula
to update? Is there a better formula I should be using?

=IF(K3=93.5,"A",IF(K386.5,"B",IF(K378.5,"C",IF( K369.5,"D","F"))))

Thanks,

--
David