Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David David is offline

Default Help with Formulas Please

I have never asked a question here before so I hope I phrase everything
correctly. I have created a teacher grade workbook.

I cant seem to get my formula in cell B3 to update when I ad a column to
include additional test score. B3 is my counter used when I average the sum
of the test scores. (see below) If I insert a column K the counter does not
update. Why? What formula should I be using?

=COUNT(C3:J3)

When I average a cell I use the following formula which does not update
either when I insert a column to add another test score. J3 should read K3
when I insert a column. What formula should I be using?

=SUM(C3:J3)/$B$3

Here is the formula I use when I want to see a letter grade for the
averages. When I insert a column the reference K3 should read L3 (this is the
column I have my averages of all the tests showing). How do I get the formula
to update? Is there a better formula I should be using?

=IF(K3=93.5,"A",IF(K386.5,"B",IF(K378.5,"C",IF( K369.5,"D","F"))))

Thanks,

--
David