Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Importing Text files to Excel 2007

Hi

As Jim said at the beginning of his post, put your Path in cell A1 of
the sheet.
A1 G1\Gulf

As for where you enter the code, Right click on the sheet tab.
Choose View Code, which will open up the Visual Basic Editor.
Choose InsertModule
Copy Jim's code and paste into this module
macro "a"Run

For more information on getting started with macros then

David McRitchie has lots of useful help on his site at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm

Regards

Roger Govier

"Quco" wrote in message
This forum/discussion is creating more questions each time I read it.
It
seems like it's limited to computer programmers? anyway, thanks to all
for
your inputs. My new questions a

1. What is a Macro?
2. How do I run it using Excel 2007?
3. Should I replace "FilePath" for "G:\Gulf" in that code? (I did it,
then
save the Excel spreadsheet and open it again, but nothing hapens).
4. Where can I learn more about writing codes to use in Excel?