Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Importing Text files to Excel 2007

You can get a quick list of the files in a folder with this macro. Put the
folder path in cell A1.

Sub a()
Dim FilePath As String
Dim FName As String
Dim Counter As Integer
FilePath = Range("A1").Value
If Right(FilePath, 1) < "\" Then FilePath = FilePath & "\"
FName = Dir(FilePath & "*.*", vbNormal)
Do While FName < ""
Counter = Counter + 1
Cells(Counter + 1, 1).Value = FName
FName = Dir
Loop

Jim
"Quco" wrote in message
Marvin,

Back in 1986 I learned a little bit of MS-DOS commands with an Atari XT
computer I used just for fun, but I can't remember how to use these
commands
now.

This is what I have done so far:

1. File Run cmd
2. Enter G: to switch to the location of the hard drive

Now, the actual path for the folder containing all these files is:
G:\Gulf

Unfortunately I can't get in the Gulf folder to try the command "dir/s
files.txt"
I do not understood the rest of your instructions. Could you please
clarify?