Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Painting Cells

Add a row at the top of the list:
Start 0 10

Then, select the list of tasks and the list of Durations
On the toolbar, click the Chart Wizard button
For Chart type, select Bar, and for subtype choose Stacked Bar
Click Next, and select Series in Rows
Click Finish
In the chart, double-click on the first block in the bar chart, which is
the Start time.
In the Format Data Series dialog box, on the Patterns tab, for Border
select None and for Area select None, click OK

MSPLearner wrote:
I am looking for advice/direction on how best to solve this problem.

I have a sheet with 5 rows as follows describing 5 sequential tasks with
start date (which a week number) and duration (in weeks).

Design Architecture 10 2
Install Hardware 12 1
Install Software 13 3
Configure 16 4
Support 20 10

I want to reduce this to a single bar (row) with different colors
representing each task proportionate with duration.

Any help appreciated. Would prefer a VBA free solution since I am not a
programmer.

Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish