Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Find based on cond. 4matting? Replace as ALT-Enter? (2 diff

To remove all Conditional formatting, just select area of cells, click
Format, Conditional Formatting.. , Delete, tick 1 2 and 3 and OK, OK.

HopefulTraveller wrote:

Awesome, Bob I. When I think of the years I've puzzled over this!!!!!!!
Is it too greedy of me to hope you also have an answer for my 1st issue --
leaving the formatting, while removing the conditional formatting formulas
from cells?
-Cate

"Bob I" wrote:

Press Alt and key in 0010 on the keypad.

HopefulTraveller wrote:

1- I've used Cond 4Mat to color a whole bunch of cells in my sheet. I now
what to do a Find/Replace based on Finding the different colored cells, which
I can't do, because Find is color-blind to Cond4Mat colors.
When data's generated by formulas in cells, I can copy & paste text to get
rid of the formulas. I'd like to keep the color & get rid of the Cond4Matting
once it's been executed. Any way?

2- I can find or replace with ^l, ^p, ^t, etc., etc., which ability has been
quite powerful for me. I have not, however, found a way of finding or
replacing with EXCEL's NewLine entry of choice: ALT-ENTER. Can anyone supply
me with that magic pill so I can get my power back?

-Cate