Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ads1983 ads1983 is offline

Default Delimited Lists for Data Validation

That seems like it would be the correct formula, however, it gives me an
error message saying "The list source must be a delimited list, or reference
to single row or column". Are you not able to input different IF criteria in
data validation?

"Joel" wrote:

You need to have three closing parethesis at end of formula. sorry about
previous response.

IF(COUNTIF(DetailAccts,C16),DetailList,IF(COUNTIF( NoDetailAccts,C16),NoDetailList,IF(COUNTIF(BSAccts ,C16),BSList)))

"ads1983" wrote:

With the quotes around the equation I am only getting
"=IF(COUNTIF(DetailAccts,C16),DetailList,IF(COUNTI F(NoDetailAccts,C16),NoDetailList,IF(COUNTIF(BSAcc ts,C16),BSList)" in my dropdown list

"Joel" wrote:

think all you have to do is add double Quotes around the whole statement

"=IF(COUNTIF(DetailAccts,C16),DetailList,IF(COUNTI F(NoDetailAccts,C16),NoDetailList,IF(COUNTIF(BSAcc ts,C16),BSList)"

I am inputing the following formula in the source box for data validation:
=IF(COUNTIF(DetailAccts,C16),DetailList,IF(COUNTIF (NoDetailAccts,C16),NoDetailList,IF(COUNTIF(BSAcct s,C16),BSList).
I am inputing this formula in cell D16 and what I am basically trying to
make happen is if the account entered in cell C16 is located in a list I have
call "DetailAccts", then cell D16 is populated with a dropdown with a list I
have titled "DetailList". Or if the account entered in cell C16 is found in
a list I have named "NoDetailAccts" you get a dropdown list of
"NoDetailList". Or if the C16 account entered is found in "BSAccts" you get
a dropdown list named "BSList". I have tried this formula and I get the
error message saying I must use a delimited list using a single reference.
Does anyone know how I can modify my formula to achieve what I want?